Hearty, comforting, classic fare—lip-smacking ribs, perfectly roasted chicken, thick-cut potato chips, all manner of steaks—plus starters and sides make this lavishly illustrated cookbook a dangerous one to look at on an empty stomach. Food fads come and go, but this fare is both easy to make and proven as a perennial favorite.
Grillhouse is not an attempt at redefining food, but rather a celebration of the classics—simple, casual, fun and delicious. Recipes include:
- Scallops with cauliflower puree and bacon
- Sirloin steak with bearnaise
- Whole flounder with burnt butter & sage sauce
- Lamb shanks with red wine, lentils, and herbs
- Rum and maple mashed sweet potato
- Apple and cheddar pie